Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Way to mix concrete without a cement mixer

stryped fired this volley in
:

Is there anything without too much trouble I could fab together that
would be relatively in expensive?

I wondered if a 55 gallon drum and a tractor post hole digger for a
mixer would work?

Any help is appreciated!

What's the matter with doing it the way 'short jobs' were done for many
decades? Use a mortar box (which you can build with plywood and some
2x6s, and a mixing hoe (A LARGE hoe with two holes in the blade to aid in
mixing the mud).

I still do 1/4-1/2 yard jobs that way, and I'm "an old guy". You won't
find me mixing a full yard with a hoe; too much work. We have a local
'small job' company that sports a 3-1/2 yard mixer truck.

Lloyd