Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default More about Gel Stain

"Greg Guarino" wrote in message

It looks like I can get a color I like with 3 coats of stain, but I'd be
much happier with fewer steps, especially as the project has lots of
nooks and crannies.

FWIW, stain isn't supposed to "coat", it is supposed to stain; i.e, be
absorbed (superficially) into the wood...inevitably, it also catches into
any surface imperfections be they wood grain or scratches. All of which
means that the rougher the surface the darker the color.

--

dadiOH