Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Way to mix concrete without a cement mixer

"stryped" wrote in message
I have some projects at home for which I am wanting to make my own
concrete with Portland cement, gravel, sand, and of course water. I
need a fair amount of concrete but not all at one time. I don't have a
cement mixer and it would be a pain to rent one every time because I
cant do all these projects in one day or even a weekend. I am wanting
to pur a footer along my driveway to make a brick boarder, and I also
have some concrete edging I want to make.

Is there anything without too much trouble I could fab together that
would be relatively in expensive?

I wondered if a 55 gallon drum and a tractor post hole digger for a
mixer would work?

Any help is appreciated!

My father made quite a bit of concrete in a large wheelbarrow with a
shovel. IIRC he mixed the dry ingrediants fairly well before adding
water.