Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The guy who made the smallest V-12 engine, talks about machining

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message

Jose Barreiro is a retired Navy Mechanic, and he makes model
engines.
He's not big on computers, or the Internet, so he didn't know he was
"famous" till someone came to shoot a documentary.

He makes a good point though: we no longer have "mechanics" who can
repair stuff, because they don't know how it went together, or could
go together. Mostly what we have are people who can replace the
part/module.

But for a man with no patience, the work is ... exquisite.

http://www.wimp.com/behindengine/
--
pyotr filipivich.

Top US WW1 ace Eddie Rickenbacker went with the Army to France as a
driver/mechanic and got his wish to learn to fly as a reward for
pouring new Babbitt crankshaft bearings in a roadside garage to fix
General Billy Mitchell's disabled car.