Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default South Bend 10k reverse bracket removal

"User Bp" wrote in message
I'd like to R&R the spindle on my South Bend 10k to inspect the
bearings, wicks and oil return holes. Common wisdom suggests using
a block of wood and a hammer to drive the spindle out of the bull
gear, but I'd much rather use a bolt and collar as a puller.

That means the reverse tumbler needs to come off for clearance
during
reinstall.

Can anyone tell me how it's done? Nothing comes up on the obvious
websites (Yahoo-sbl, Practical Machinist, etc) and the parts diagram
gives no clear hint. There is one nut and shaft at the pivot of the
reverse bracket, but that's not obviously what's holding the bracket
in place. My guess is that there's a fastener or two that I'm not
finding.

If anybody's been through this and can offer guidance I'd be
grateful.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska

On the 10L the retainer is a bar below the pivot.
-jsw