Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff[_2_] Brian Gaff[_2_] is offline

Default Cleaning curtain hooks

I'd have thought that paint in a sdishwasher was a quick way to clog it up
though.
My main gripe with curtain fittings is that most these days are plastic and
hence tend to go brittle when you want to remove the curtains. Down the shop
for another lot, sorry sir, those are no longer made, you will need a new
rail and mounting hardwaree.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"News" wrote in message

Took down some curtains yesterday, and noticed the plastic hooks were a
little grubby, as were the plastic brackets attaching the rail to the
wall. Removed the lot and cleaned the real, but the hooks and brackets I
dumped in the cutlery thingy, in the dishwasher. Came up just like new!
[2]

At the same time, I put the lid of our telephone junction box (connection
box) [1] in the dishwasher, which removed most of the paint applied over
the last fifty years! I will leave that in for another wash.

[1] BT35A clearly marked GPO, so been there for a while. Incoming cable
has 7 wires, but only two are connected. A few more inches of cable
connect the BT35A to the master socket. Most odd.

[2] The dishwasher and washing machine are also excellent for cleaning
grubby Lego. Does not do the sticky labels many favours though :-)
--
Graeme