Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] 6207865@gmail.com is offline

Default Where can I get a sheet of Melamine cut down to a specific size, tobe used for a desktop?

Hello All.

Well the subject line pretty much says it all-
where can I get a sheet of Melamine cut down to a specific size?

What I am looking to do is cut down a sheet of Melamine to be used as desktop, that will be placed on top of two trestles. I want a specific size because I want the desktop to fill a specific area---it will go to the wall.

Anyway, since I don't work with tools for a living, nor have access to any--not to say I would even know the right way to do anything with them even if I did!

I just wanted to see what a "seasoned vet" would recommend I do.

Also, recommend how I could get a sheet from Home Depot cut down to a specific size. Also, would it be recommended that I glue a sheet of particle board to it so it's thick?

I'm sure this is simple and basic for someone who has the tools, and know how, but for noob what is recommended?

Thanks in advance for any help.