Earl

Default Woodturning Classes

If you've been to a class, what did you like? What would you have liked
better? If you've taught such class, do you have any tips regarding
anything?

- Andrew

I guess I didn't answer the question directly, but what I have liked
the best is that after the basics, he has taken time to answer specfic
questions about any problems we have had during the week. When I was
trying to undercut a side of a bowl unsuccessfully, he showed me a
gouge that would work and gave me plans to grind one out of an excess
chisel or allen wrench. I also like that he has given "homework". When
he demonstated ornaments, he gave a handout with a dozen ornaments on
it and encouraged us to try them during the week. This has been the
pattern each week.

Can't think of anything I would like better. It's the classic tell
you about it, show you, have you do it technique. Can't be beat.

I might add that he also teaches a course through the community
college.

Earl