Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Bringing used WWing machines across border

On 9/9/2014 11:38 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:

LOL. Not sure if I have mentioned this before but my wife, son, and I
visited her two aunts in 1998. One lived in Buffalo, the other in
Burlington. We visited the Buffalo aunt fist and then all of us went
to Burlington to see the other aunt. My wife and the Buffalo aunt
went in her car, my son and I followed in our pick-up truck with
Texas Plates. I thought I would never convince the border guard,
going in to Canada, that my truck was not loaded down with guns and
that I was not there to shoot the place up. After declaring no guns
several times, he told me to get in the line a quarter mile up where
all the vehicles were being searched and dismantled. I did not. There was
no police chase. ;~)

Wow - that's really weird. I've crossed that border so many times that I
can't count the trips and I've never seen a line as long as you describe -
even after 911. Not disputing you - just saying I've never seen that as a
regular crosser of the Canadian border. We see people with all sorts of
license plates cross over every day. Lot's of you redneck types that insist
on nothing but the best woodworking tools - but somehow you guys get
through. To be honest - I've watched plenty of out of state plates cross
over only to be pulled over myself (with NY plates) for "regular"
questioning. Went pretty quickly though. Never have ever seen 1/4 mile
long lines.

Ummm I said the line was a quarter mile up, not long. 5~6 in line
waiting to be further interrogated. ;~) Car seats sitting on the
ground beside the vehicles.