Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Bringing used WWing machines across border

On 9/9/2014 1:26 PM, dpb wrote:

As purely visitor, generally true in my experience as well. OTOH,
traveling _to_ Canada in a support role with tool kit for online coal
analyzers at various locations in Saskatchewan, Canadian customs was
extremely touchy and hard-to-please on the work-by-non-Canadian issue.
Learned eventually to just say "no" irregardless of the reality

I don't carry tools and I take my wife so they think we are tourists the
few time I've gone for work.

One of our suppliers h ad a plant in the US and similar plant in CA.
The tech people have the same problem. They are always just carrying
samples or going to a meeting. Never to "work".