Posted to alt.home.repair
Guv Bob Guv Bob is offline

Default What's a good top-loading washer?

"philo " wrote in message ...
On 09/08/2014 09:21 PM, Guv Bob wrote:

snip

I bought a Maytag in 1988 and it still works perfectly and has never
needed any repair or maintenance.

It's one of those "no frills" units. I seriously doubt if anyone needs
all those bells and whistles.

I paid about $400 for it and see that Home Depot has them at about the
same price.

Thanks Philo. Do you know if the current model is like yours? Don't go to a lot of trouble - just trying to avoid any more "new improved" units.

LOL so much for my memory.

I decided that maybe I should have a look at my machine.
I went down there and see that it is actually a *Whirlpool* (which I
think now manufactures Maytag).

Mine is a "Stylemaster" 907675

An old maintenance man recommended it to me because the machine is
belt-less. On my old washer, it seemed I had to change the belt many times.

So I'd make sure you just get the most basic model they have as such
models tend to be simple and trouble free...and if it's belt-less I'm
sure it will be very similar to the one I have.

Thanks, philo. If I can get a belt version with no transmission, I'll take two! LOL! I'm finding that retro is definitely the way to go.