Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bringing used WWing machines across border

OFWW wrote:
On Tue, 9 Sep 2014 12:38:27 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Leon wrote:

LOL. Not sure if I have mentioned this before but my wife, son,
and I visited her two aunts in 1998. One lived in Buffalo, the
other in Burlington. We visited the Buffalo aunt fist and then all
of us went
to Burlington to see the other aunt. My wife and the Buffalo aunt
went in her car, my son and I followed in our pick-up truck with
Texas Plates. I thought I would never convince the border guard,
going in to Canada, that my truck was not loaded down with guns and
that I was not there to shoot the place up. After declaring no guns
several times, he told me to get in the line a quarter mile up where
all the vehicles were being searched and dismantled. I did not.
There was no police chase. ;~)

Wow - that's really weird. I've crossed that border so many times
that I can't count the trips and I've never seen a line as long as
you describe - even after 911. Not disputing you - just saying I've
never seen that as a regular crosser of the Canadian border. We see
people with all sorts of license plates cross over every day. Lot's
of you redneck types that insist on nothing but the best woodworking
tools - but somehow you guys get through. To be honest - I've
watched plenty of out of state plates cross over only to be pulled
over myself (with NY plates) for "regular" questioning. Went pretty
quickly though. Never have ever seen 1/4 mile long lines.

You're like my Grandma, always ruining Grandpa's stories.

Damn! There I am - Grandma again...

--

-Mike-