Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Bringing used WWing machines across border

On 9/9/2014 9:29 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/8/2014 11:13 AM, Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article ,
JayPique wrote:

So I'm thinking of bidding on some used machinery in Canada, and was
wondering what I need to declare when I come back across the border?
Does
anyone know the fees? I'm having little luck with google so far...
Mark

Call customs. Asking here is just ****ing into the wind.

Not really. Just print out the replies you get and show them to the guy
at the border. He'll accept that as proof you can bring them in,
especially if it is someone like Leon that has a good reputation.

LOL. Not sure if I have mentioned this before but my wife, son, and I
visited her two aunts in 1998. One lived in Buffalo, the other in
Burlington. We visited the Buffalo aunt fist and then all of us went to
Burlington to see the other aunt. My wife and the Buffalo aunt went in
her car, my son and I followed in our pick-up truck with Texas Plates.
I thought I would never convince the border guard, going in to Canada,
that my truck was not loaded down with guns and that I was not there to
shoot the place up. After declaring no guns several times, he told me
to get in the line a quarter mile up where all the vehicles were being
searched and dismantled. I did not. There was no police chase. ;~)