nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_4 View Post
I think my Kitchenaid is made the same way.... I don't see any access, it's
all closed up. And you would think if they are going to have that kind of
design, they would put a filter on the air intake, but they don't.
I would think that if there's no way to clean the condenser coils from the front, then there's a condenser fan blowing air over the condenser coils which exhausts out the front, and the only time you have to pull the fridge out is to replace that condenser fan if and when it quits... at which time you'd also be able to clean any dust off the condenser coils.

Maybe look on your fridge's schematic to see if you have a condenser fan.

(Otherwise it's just a plain stupid design.)

Last edited by nestork : September 9th 14 at 02:51 PM