Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default What size?

micky wrote:
Okay, so I bought a heavy but powerful weedwacker from the same woman
who gave me a great deal on the lawn mower.

I guess they had to screw on the sold plastic guard around and above the
wacker, because today it fell off. It had worked for 45 minutes prior
to this. The screws must not have been in tightly enough.

Rather than drag the whole weedwacker to the store, I thought I'd look
in the owners manual that I dl'd to find the size. No size mentioned,
in fact no llst of things in the package. Just a drawing of the guard
sliding into place. No English required.

So I try a website that sells parts. Have to download the exploded
view and find the number for the screw. 24. Have to look in the list
and t here it is, Screw, but no diameter or thread size.

But it does have a part number, 098119-23

So I look for the part on the web, going by the number and the word
"screw" and find lots of places that sell it, so I look at 5.

Still, none of them give the dimensions.

But the prices are interesting. I didn't take the time to find out
shipping, even though that makes all the difference.

$0.89 at 1800toolrepair.com
0.95 at ereplacementparts.com
1.14 at toolpartspro.com
1.61 at mastertoolrepair.com
3.99 at searspartsdirect.

Wow. Maybe later I'll have time to check the shipping charge.

ereplacementparts is the only one smart enough to display the part
against a 1" grid so one can see how big it is.

Hi,
Unable to find one at HD hell box?