Posted to alt.home.repair
Retired[_2_] Retired[_2_] is offline

Default Matching Paint

On 9/8/14, 2:58 PM, mcp6453 wrote:
How do you match a paint color on drywall in a bedroom? *Cut out of piece* of the wall and take it to the paint store? Is
there such thing as a portable color analyzer?

I did that one time. I picked a spot next to a window that was always
covered by a drape. Carefully cut just into the paper on the drywall,
about 2 in square, carefully peel off the paper. After getting the
paint matched, (which turned out perfect), glued the square back in
place, a little spackle, and painted over. You have to know where to
look to find it now.

Have fun........