Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default We must be right in the sh1t ...

In article ,
tim..... wrote:
Perhaps you don't remember when Which tested mains electric drills. The
largest ones weren't automatically the most powerful.

No I don't remember because I gave up subscribing 20 years ago.

But there are other reasons (compared with vacuums) for putting smaller,
more efficient, motors into electric drills other than raw costs.

Right - so you've admitted it's possible. That's a start.

weight of the tool and cooler running being something that is going to
be much more important with a drill than a vacuum

Maximising the profits of the cleaner maker by using the cheapest s**t
possible might be nearer it.

--
*The statement above is false

Dave Plowman London SW