Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default New use for a riding mower

On Sun, 07 Sep 2014 09:03:45 -0700, wrote:

On Sat, 6 Sep 2014 22:13:19 -0500, "Terry Coombs"

On Sunday, September 7, 2014 12:02:41 AM UTC, wrote:

. Who knew it could be so easy! Act now and I'll send info

on how to remove the chain from the mower blade, just $49.99!

Eric

I find a rototiller will find things in tall grass too.

Dan

All my tiller usually finds is rocks . Big rocks , little rocks , flat rocks
, round ones . I keep hoping it'll find a chest full of gold and jools , but
it hasn't happened yet . Oh , and it's pretty good at finding roots too .
Usually long stringy ones that get all wrapped up in the tines and have to
be cut out with a limb trimmer .

My rototiller also excels at finding rocks. What I couldn't figure out
wass how, after clearing the garden of all the rocks bigger than an
egg, more big rocks pop up every year. But now I have the answer. Rock
seeds. When the tiller churns up the rocks little pieces chip off.
These are actually seeds, sort of like the eyes on a potato. So I'm
going to switch to vinyl covered tilles tines, that oughta slow up the
re-seeding I do whenever I till the garden.
Eric

If you lived where my family is from -- Greenland, New Hampshire --
you'd know all about farming rocks and how they breed.

I don't think they actually grow from seeds. It's more like the earth
pushing them up from below to fill any gaps you leave by removing
them.

There's one small farm my family worked for just short of 300 years,
before turning it into a dairy farm. They were still getting a fresh
crop of rocks every spring.

They just keep making the stone fences thicker. Today, they'd take a
direct hit from a 105 howitzer without toppling over.

--
Ed Huntress