Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default refrigerator freezer troubles

On Sunday, September 7, 2014 11:14:32 AM UTC-4, J Burns wrote:
On 9/7/14, 10:53 AM, trader_4 wrote:

On Sunday, September 7, 2014 10:36:12 AM UTC-4, J Burns wrote:

On 9/7/14, 10:31 AM, J Burns wrote:

Besides watts, it keeps track of time and hours; so I can see the

average wattage of a refrigerator, and what it will use in a month.

Oops... It shows time and kilowatt hours! I was out sick the day my

class studied English!

I have a Kill a Watt too and also highly recommend it. It's great for

monitoring any plug in loads where you want to find out how much power

they actually use over a period of time. From the menu you can put in

your cost of power and it will then tell you how much a day, week, month,

etc it costs to run.

I just discovered that P3 includes more than one model. I got the

cheapest, the 4400. No menu. Buttons for volts, amps, volt-amps,

watts, Hz, Pf, kwh, and hours.

Amazon has 159 results for "kill a watt."

I think you're right, 4400 model doesn't have the ability to enter cost
of electricity and have it display cost per month, etc. But my choice
of the term "menu" was misleading too. My unit looks very similar
to yours. There isn't a
menu really, you just use the buttons to cycle through the list of choices
and in one place you can enter the cost per kwh.