Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New use for a riding mower

On Sun, 07 Sep 2014 03:45:22 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 06 Sep 2014 17:02:41 -0700, wrote:

Now, with my discovery, you can use your riding mower to find
valuable chains hidden in the long grass! Valued at $49.99, this
method is foolproof. Yes, you too can find the highly valuable rust
patinated chain in tall grass. When left behind by the guy who
borrowed your chain it can be recovered and sold now that it has the
sought after rust patina. And I will do this for no charge for my
friends on rcm. Just tell your friends about this one time giveaway.
Here's the secret method: Engage the mower blades and drive over the
area with the tall grass. When you hear a god-awful noise and the
motor stops dead you know that you have not only found the chain but
have also recovered it because much of it will have wrapped around the
blade axle. Who knew it could be so easy! Act now and I'll send info
on how to remove the chain from the mower blade, just $49.99!
Eric

Wait till you suck up 100+ feet of 3/16" 7/19 stainless steel cable
you used to use as a dog run.

It appears that Crom has a special li'l tidbit for each and every one
of us, doesn't it? I wish we could skip past all the crap and just
get on with the box of treasure, five pound nugget of gold, etc.,
don't you? 'Course, I'm still waiting to win the 'Win For Life' and
claim my $1k/week-for-life prize. (Hell, I could easily get by on
$500/wk, if he's listening.) It'd let me give up this hard life.

Right calf's still blue and swollen from the auger smacking me 3 times
in 10 minutes trying to get thru some titanium hardpan. I've never
seen such tough soil; clay/DG mix and harder than a witch's tit in a
brass bra.

--
Let no man imagine that he has no influence. Whoever he may be, and
wherever he may be placed, the man who thinks becomes a light and a power.