Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default "Y D" marking on flat head cap screw?

On Sat, 6 Sep 2014 14:32:38 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Saturday, September 6, 2014 8:56:57 PM UTC, Mike Spencer wrote:

Well, bought from a dedicated industrial hardware distributor, not from

the local hardware store or Walmart.

Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

I looked at MIL-HDBK-57F and did not find anything with YD. You might try it using the computer to look for YD. I just looked at manufacturers whose nome started with Y.

Dan

The term "CUST: YD" appears all over the place in MIL Specs. I have no
idea what it means, or if it's related to this. But I'll bet it does.
It appears in relation to MIL Spec screws, as well as many other
things.

--
Ed Huntress