Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Man not guilty of WD40 'frenzy'

In article , Bob Eager
writes
On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 21:49:41 +0100, fred wrote:

In article ],
Another John writes
In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:

On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 18:11:21 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

That would be why it's the worlds best selling maintenance spray,
why it's sold in 180 countries worldwide, was ranked as one of the
€œTop 100 Inventions of All-Time€? by UK Consumers in a 2010 Tesco
Survey and why they sell $300 million worth a year.

A triumph of marketing. Not lubrication.

Pah. I use WD40 a lot, mostly for tool and other metal object
preservation/cleaning, but also for mild lubrication. It's a lot less
messy than the alternatives, and the one can serves for many
applications. I'd say a can of WD40 goes in my Top Ten Tools!

It came top in a tools' survey?

The whole idea of a WD40 frenzy makes me chuckle.

God knows what the Sheriff was thinking about, how can you spray someone
_twice_ by accident during an argument? Perhaps a new concept of Sheriff
nullification, maybe he thought the 'victim' was in need of a good
wetting down.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .