Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default TDA2003 Spice Model Re-Posted to my Site

On Sat, 6 Sep 2014 08:30:29 +0100, "Kevin Aylward"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
. ..

I have re-posted the TDA2003 subcircuit, eliminating one of the LIMIT
(*) functions that I suspect is causing LTspice to lock-up on John
Woodgate's current-drive amplifier...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/TDA2003.zip

replacing that function with my smoother TANH approach.

Yep. One of the reasons why I never bothered to implement the if-else
construct that the uninitiated put into PSpice, and was copied over to
LTSpice, in SS.

Discontinuous functions and discontinuous derivative functions are an
accident waiting to happen.

Kevin Aylward
www.kevinaylward.co.uk
www.anasoft.co.uk - SuperSpice

Yep. The surprise was that LIMIT works in PSpice effortlessly without
any OP convergence issues, but throws LTspice into fits where it gives
up.

However, I _do_ use IF/THEN/ELSE to set parameters that don't change
during a simulation run.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |