Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Water Heater again!

On 9/6/2014 3:15 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

My new water heater was not set as hot as the previous one, also bought
from Sears. I've been setting it up a little at a time, and then one
time it jumped up a degree or so on its own. I'm not sure how hot I
want it to be. It's nice that I can still put my hand in straight hot
water without burning myself, but if I don't make the tub hot enough on
the first 3/4's, just adding hot water is not enough to finish the job.

We used to take baths. We had to quit for a variety of reasons. One
being getting in and out of the tub without injury. We have a stupidly
huge jetted tub. I do prefer the tub but can't get in and out well and
the water heater simply isn't big enough to heat enough water to fill it.

Temperature should be 120 to 130. Any hotter is a scalding potential
problem, anything less invites bacteria to thrive.

Filling a big tub takes lots of water and energy. Showers can be much
more efficient unless you buse them running the water for a long time
before getting in, etc.