Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Sprinkler controller problem - Irritrol Rain Dial RD-600

On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 18:44:02 +0000, Phyl Smith
wrote:

Problem for me occurred on an Irritrol KwikDial KD9-INT -- flickering
display + when turned to OFF, a flickering OFF on the display. Another
person in this forum replaced the big power supply capacitor on the
electronic board (in my case the board was labeled 102-2057 Rev B
22639561) which fixed the problem. Did the same thing on the KD9 -- i.e.
the C4 220uf/35v capacitor was replaced and the problem was fixed.

Did you try to unplug the power? A Power surge can temporarily corrupt
the EPROM on the unit.