Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Man not guilty of WD40 'frenzy'

The Sun is the best selling newspaper in the UK, by a country mile.
Does that mean it's any _good_?

I no longer get to read it whenever I want but I used to hold it out as
the best example of Plain English in the land. So that's one sense in
which I'd say it was and still is bloody good.

Another sense is that it's good at writing for rather a lot of people
who live in the UK (admittedly biased towards C2-E males outside
Liverpool). You may not like their views but that doesn't make The Sun
any less "good" than, say, The Guardian which writes for a different
readership - more graduate, metropolitan, and public sector.

And I'll wager that a greater proportion of The Sun's sales are still
to people buying out of their own pocket than The Guardian's sales.

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid