Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Samsung Smart TV as VGA monitor?

On Fri, 5 Sep 2014, KenO wrote:

My reason for asking this question was told "C-Series ex-link is on
TTL-Level (0V to +5V) while your PC operates at RS232-Level (-12V to
+12V) so your cable has to have at least some kind of Voltage-level
shifter."

Hard for me to believe that Samsung would make Smart TV that could be
damaged if someone used a standard VGA cable to connect it to a PC.

But you never can tell and would rather be safe and ask.

You're question, split over 2 messages, is really quite vague.

Either there's a VGA connector on the tv set (and it says "VGA", or there
isn't. Just because there's a connector of the right size and number of
pins doesn't mean it's VGA.

On the other hand, you may be asking something else.

Micahel