Posted to alt.home.repair

Default car gas gauge / simple stuff

On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 07:33:07 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 9/4/2014 10:26 PM, Bob F wrote:
I don't do the first few thing, and if I'm driving with unusual loads, I'm smart
enough to compensate. I'm not trying to use every last drop in the tank either.
The fact is that in my experience, gas gauges are very inaccurate and
non-linear.

I've found that about non linear. The first five
gals don't even register, so you keep thinking
the tank is full. And when it pegs on E, might be
five to eight gal in the tank.

Much better to fuel up more often, and keep the
tank full. less likely to run out of gas.

The top third doesn't cost any more to fill than the bottom third.