Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Water Heater again!

Julie Bove wrote:
I personally don't use a lot of hot water. I take quick showers,
rarely use the dishwasher and almost always wash clothing in cold. But...
Both daughter and husband take super long showers and she is
guilty of letting the shower run for 10-20 minutes or longer before
getting in it. Twice she has fallen asleep with the shower running. I don't
even notice until I realize that it is very quiet and then I
can feel the steam wafting out here. By then the entire room is
dripping wet. Neither she nor husband will use the vent fan! Oh and
body take super hot showers. I can not bear to get in the water at
the temperature they do.

At least get a humidity sensing switch for the bathroom fan. Personally, if
someone in my house were wasting that much water and heat, I'd probably be
timing them, and shutting off the water to the water heater after 10 minutes.
That final rinse in straight cold water a few times might convince them.