Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.[_3_] Pete C.[_3_] is offline

Default Big Forklift power steering problem, turns to one side only

On 2014-09-05, Karl Townsend wrote:

that's good to know. I'm sort of watching to replace my hyster with a
bad clutch. They don't sell parts for it.

You can rebuild a clutch, as far as I know.

Rebuilding relies on being able to get parts, if the part was made
specifically for the unit and the manufacturer no longer supplies it you
may well be SOL. I suppose there is some slight potential to scavenge
friction pads from a similar clutch and retrofit them in, but likely
more trouble than it's worth. Some searching might find dusty NOS on a
shelf in some warehouse though.