Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default I do not like water-saving washers

On 09/05/14 03:42 am, Guv Bob wrote:
They don't get the clothes clean and stink about every 2-3 weeks. Have been buying some brand name cleaner that costs a fortune. Anyone have another clearner that will get that stink out and doesn't cost and arm and leg? Main ingredient on the brand name is sodium carbonate, so I'm wondering if I just dump some plain sodium carbonate (washing soda) in with some vinegar if that would do just as good. I don't want to use bleach.

Stupid ass environmentatlly unconscious Calif wackies.

We've had our front-loading water-saving Kenmore (made by Frigidaire, I
think) for 12 years or more. No stink, gets clothes clean. I think we've
used a special cleaning product in it once. We use the Sears HE
detergent -- mostly the regular one, every now and then the one with
(oxygen, not chlorine) bleach.

Perce