Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Water Heater again!

On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 07:42:24 -0500, VinnyB
wrote:

On Fri, 5 Sep 2014 02:30:25 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote in

Both
daughter and husband take super long showers and she is guilty of letting
the shower run for 10-20 minutes or longer before getting in it. Twice she
has fallen asleep with the shower running.

This is acceptable behavior from a daughter?

You're right.

You-2 should lay down the law. This is a tremedous waste of
everything. gas or electricity; water, and the steam is not good for
the house. Even in the biggest house it only takes 2 minutes for the
hot water to arrive.

As to hot showers, my mother thought hot baths were wonderful. She
begged me to try them and finally promised she'd never say another word
if I tried one once. I did and I hated it. She kept her word, though.

I take warm baths, and have to add more hot water every so often. I
brought in a thermometer to find out if the water was getting colder or
if I was just getting used to it, but I have only done one inconclusive
test.

My new water heater was not set as hot as the previous one, also bought
from Sears. I've been setting it up a little at a time, and then one
time it jumped up a degree or so on its own. I'm not sure how hot I
want it to be. It's nice that I can still put my hand in straight hot
water without burning myself, but if I don't make the tub hot enough on
the first 3/4's, just adding hot water is not enough to finish the job.