Posted to alt.home.repair
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default I do not like water-saving washers

"Guv Bob" wrote in message
m...
They don't get the clothes clean and stink about every 2-3 weeks. Have
been buying some brand name cleaner that costs a fortune. Anyone have
another clearner that will get that stink out and doesn't cost and arm and
leg? Main ingredient on the brand name is sodium carbonate, so I'm
wondering if I just dump some plain sodium carbonate (washing soda) in with
some vinegar if that would do just as good. I don't want to use bleach.

Stupid ass environmentatlly unconscious Calif wackies.

---

Do you perchance have a front loader? I would never get that kind as I have
heard of the stink issues. I have an LG top loader and I love it! I
haven't really had to clean it but I do run plain water through it every now
and then.