Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Advance Planning

On Thu, 04 Sep 2014 19:47:39 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 3 Sep 2014 21:56:31 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Sure, but a couple of points... I generally only travel by air for
business. I rarely use air for personal travel. In fact, the reason
the car is there was that we got in an accident when we were up there
on vacation. ...by car. I'm only traveling by air because I have to
get the car back here somehow and don't feel like taking another week
to do it again. I don't know when, because now they can't get the
damned airbag system working, after not being able to get parts.
...and the airbags did most of the damage.

I get that but I'm a bit the opposite of that. If the trip is that far away
that I have to worry about those things I elect to fly and rent - but that's
just me. I don't like to anticipate being in the situarion you're in. It's
a preference thing for sure. Well... that and I hate to drive long
distance...

West coast, yeah, we'd fly. ...unless it was a month-long vacation. I
find the driving to be part of the vacation.

I'm sure that if we ever vacation in Hawaii, we'll fly. ;-)

Or take a cruise ship. I HATE sitting in the cramped seats of
commercial aircraft for any length of time.
I have more room in my buddy's '46 Aircoupe!!!! (and anyone who's
flown in one of those knows that's saying something - for a 6'2" 220
pounder.