Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Water Heater again!

On Thu, 4 Sep 2014 19:47:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

10 minutes is enough to heat the water more than 105? Maybe if the
water that comes out is right where the heat is applied, but even then,
does't water convection mix the just heated water with cold water?

I don't know. Something didn't sound right to me. Water went to cold, then
it was only on for 10 minutes and 15 hours later it was still hot?

Well, I live alone, and I've gone two days with hot water after turning
off the wh. Just me, no laundry or dishwasher. Maybe I was going out
of town so I turned it off early. Or maybe there was a power outage.

I have an electric wh. They may have better insulation than gas do,
although I think it was just an inch and a half of the pink fiberglass.
Is that a lot? . How much less could gas have?

(They talk about a glass tank and I was worried bringing it home and
down to the basement that I'd break the glass. It's not glass. It's
bendable "plastic:, somewhere between milky white and clear, with maybe
glass in it for all I know There is no way it could break. Are
others any different?)