Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Drahn Paul Drahn is offline

Default Big Forklift power steering problem, turns to one side only

On 9/4/2014 12:04 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:

I bought an all-hydraulic replacement for this system today. It was at
some point damaged by water and rust and was beyond repair.

glad you can find parts.

i have an old hyster, no parts available. When it breaks, i
Got a DEAL on an international backhoe. Found out i couldn't get parts
so i sent it on down the road before i got caught with it.

I'm surprised you can get anything for a tow motor.

Karl

In th elate 1960's I was designing and programming a certified payroll
system for a major construction company in Salem, Oregon. We were using
an IBM 1440 computer system at West Coast Grocery headquarters.

The grocery co. also did all the computer work for Towmotor. I remember
many trays of punched cards (aperture cards!) with windows in one half
of the cards. A microfilm of a drawing of a Towmotor part was glued into
the aperture card.

That is the only time I ever saw such cards in use.

Paul