Posted to alt.home.repair
Phil Kangas[_4_] Phil Kangas[_4_] is offline

Default Water Heater / simple stuff

"Zaky Waky" wrote in message

wrote in

On Thu, 4 Sep 2014 08:32:05 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

Moe DeLoughan wrote:

Back when I was a young 'un, I drove an old
beater with an
unreliable gas gauge. I got in the habit of
setting the trip
odometer every time I filled up and noting
the miles I'd used on
that tankful. I knew when I'd put about 250
miles on, it was getting
close to time to fill the tank. It's now a
habit. I never look at
the gas gauge, I check my trip odometer.

The gas guage causes me to look at the trip
odometer. That decides if
It's time to get gas. The trip odometer is a
way more accurate
indicator of how much gas is in the tank.

Unless you left the vehicle idle, or it sprung
a leak, or someone used
a "mexican credit card", or your brakes started
to drag, or you pulled
a heavy load or had heand - all of which will
cause the vehicle to run
out of gas sooner than the odo would indicate.

Does Moe seem like the kind of guy who would do
or not notice any of those
things? He doesn't seem like that to me. So
your comment is simply
contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.
The sure sign of an asshole.

Pardon me, Zaky Waky, but I think you are the one
acting
like an asshole. Clare gets _far_ more respect
than you do.
phil k.