Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default Water Heater / simple stuff

On 9/4/2014 7:01 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 9/4/2014 7:40 AM, bob haller wrote:

simple stuff can screw stuff up.
my step sons van broke down. he called me in
the middle of the night saying it just quit. The
gas gauge was flakey in that van, but he assured
me it wasnt out of gas.

conclusions.....
van ran out of gas, stepson and garage didnt catch
that van was out of gas.
dealer was nice only charged for gasoline..

I had two similar moments. One time I took apart a
carb on a friend's car, looking for the clog. Finally
noticed the absence of gasoline.

Second was when I stopped to help a guy with the hood
up, in a parking lot. Truck was only a couple days
old. Didn't want to start. Asked him to check the gas
gauge.... add gal of gas. There was a gas station a
couple hundred yards away.

Back when I was a young 'un, I drove an old beater with an unreliable
gas gauge. I got in the habit of setting the trip odometer every time
I filled up and noting the miles I'd used on that tankful. I knew when
I'd put about 250 miles on, it was getting close to time to fill the
tank. It's now a habit. I never look at the gas gauge, I check my trip
odometer.