Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default corrugated asbestos garage roof, how to spread my weight?

On 03/09/14 13:29, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 3, 2010 4:09:19 PM UTC, RobertL wrote:
I need to get up on the roof of my garage to remove the moss. I
don't have a feel for how much imposed weight I can put on a typical
asbestos garage roof before I crack the panels. The panels are
supported on wood beams about every 5 feet.

If I put up a couple of planks to spread my weight across two beams
would that be enough do you think?

I weigh 100kg clothed.

Robert

its an old post BUT...NEVER EVER JETWASH AN ASBESTOS ROOF. YOU WILL RELEASE ASBESTOS FIBRES!! TAKE ALOOK AT
WWW.SPAM.CO.UK at their cleaning system!

I wire brushed mine. At 8:30am when all the schoolkids were walking by.
Was I wrong?