Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Car radiator fans and HP

On Tuesday, September 2, 2014 5:42:28 PM UTC-4, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 16:15:24 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 13:03:04 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

wrote:

The fact that it's only ocurring

recently, suggests that it may be for other reasons and that any gains

in reducing wasted HP, probably aren't big. But if you're designing the

car from scratch, a little here, a little there, it all adds up.

I am not sure about that. My 83 Firebird had an electric fan.

Just about everything went electric when they went to front wheel

drive. That was over 30 years ago.

Just about everything still leaves a lot: BMW, MB, Volkswagen, Audi
cars and the huge number of SUVs, vans, pickups, from all manufacturers.
They mostly used mechanical fans well into the 2000's. Some of those
only went to electric fans less than a decade ago. BMW with the very
popular X5 for example, only went electric in 2006,