Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default No matter your stand on gun control...watch this

On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 05:45:57 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 13:50:27 -0500, Richard
wrote:

I guess I really am a throwback to the old days.
Or maybe I was wrong back then.

I always thought that the minority was supposed to be protected from
the majority. Foolish idea, huh?

It seem like you are saying that it's the other way around now.

Majority rules.

So how does an election of less than a majority of the eligible voters work?

To my simple mind that shows no confidence in the candidates offered.

So when one of those candidates is elected in such circumstances, how
is that not a rigged game?

When you live in a Constitutional Republic...there is no "Democracy"
as you imply.

Gunner

.....in which Gunner displays, once again, the consequences of being
self-taught on a toxic brew of delusional nonsense.

So how does that "Constitutional Republic" work, Gunner, if not on a
basis of representative democracy, elected by the people?

"The introduction of this new principle of representative democracy
has rendered useless almost everything written before on the structure
of government..." -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Isaac H. Tiffany.
Washington ed. vii, 32. (M. 1816)

--
Ed Huntress