Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Li-ion Batteries

"Morgans" wrote in
:

*snip*

I tend to charge often. If I have been using a fair amount of battery
power, I put it on charge when I quit for the night. If you believe
what you read, it does not hurt the battery in life or output to
charge often, so that works for me.

How old are your batteries? I've been getting 3-5 years out of my Li-Ion
batteries before I notice a big drop off in charging capacity. I usually
wait until the tool is slowing down or starts impacting early, so it'd be
interesting to see if your method is any different.

Admittedly, I probably did kill the 18V screwdriver batteries by using
them in the circular saw. But I've got Lithium Ion laptop batteries that
are all dieing in that same time frame.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.