Posted to alt.home.repair
J[_6_] J[_6_] is offline

Default spray foam question

The Great Stuff comes in various types of expansion formulas. Low

expanding (around door & window frames) to high expansion for larger

cavities.

I've used high expansion to fill cavities the size of a couple of

gallons. I layered it, allowed that to expand, and then another layer

- used about two cans. Trimmed with a utility knife anything that

exceeded the cavity.

That seems good. I was looking at the stuff specifically for "larger cavities" but even that claims that it will not cure properly if there is no air. I'm not too worried about the easily accessible spaces - it's more the tunnels that I can't see where they go. I can't see how I could possibly layer the foam in the tunnels - especially when they start out going in and up. But maybe it's not too critical if the foam in the tunnels doesn't cure properly as long as it cures at the exit points.

I'll see if I can post a pic later.

Thanks.

-J

Each end of our "cat bench" is hollow, roaches invaded the space for

shelter. Great Stuff high expansion foam eliminated the problem.

Sample Pic:

http://reelnetandtwine.com/store/images/BEN31.jpg

Can you post photos on a free site with a link back here?