Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default What's that chuck called?

On 08/31/2014 10:57 PM, Drew Lawson wrote:
I'm wanting to make something, and want to search on newbie mistakes
to avoid, but i don't recall what the thing is called.

It is a common chuck/jig for holding a bowl for finishing the bottom.

Roughly, it is two circles of plywood, the first on a faceplate or
such, and the second a donut that holds the bowl while exposing the
bottom for clean-up.

Brother, can you spare a name?

To borrow a phrasing from another group, I can be more vague if it
helps.

A longworth chuck.

https://www.google.com/search?q=long...l-a&channel=sb

--