Posted to alt.home.repair

Default gasolene for small engines

On 9/2/2014 6:15 AM, Frank Thompson wrote:
If I use high octane gasolene w/o alcohol in

my small engines is it ok not to use any of the
various stablizers? How long will the high
octane be safe to use w/o the stabilizer?

A couple decades ago, we used to have trouble
with gasoline going stale, long before the
mandated ethanol.

So, I'd think stabilizer is a good idea. Unsure
the time frame, probably six months to a year.

I've had moment when an engine was needed, had
been stored with old gasoline. this being 1999
or so, before ethanol was mandated. Honda
generator, and needed for a power cut. The engine
started after a spray of ether on the air filter,
and then it ran fine after that. The fellow
wanted to put in new gas, so he sent his son
for gas. The only place that had electricity for
the pumps was far distance, and big line of cars
waiting to buy gas.

--
..
Christopher A. Young