Posted to rec.woodworking
FTG FTG is offline

Default A new tool!

"Leon" wrote in message

On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 17:06:52 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
http://www.precisioncasewerk.com/products.html
I'll post a review as I proceed with this job.

I considered buying Woodpecker's hole jig, but it's not nearly in the
class of the Precision Casewerk hole tool.

http://www.woodpeck.com/shelfpintemplate.html

If you are still looking, the Rockler JIG IT® Shelving Jig w/Self-Centering
Bit works really well. I just wanted something that would do more. As I
mentioned I was originally looking for a jig for drilling holes accurately
and quickly for drawer and door pulls. The line boring accessory was a
nice plus...

I had a project a few years ago that required almost 1000 shelf pins. I
started using the Rockler Jig and self centering bit. After an hour of
drilling holes with the self centering bit I switched to a plunge router.
The 3/8" base plate bushing for a PC 690 fits perfectly into the jig holes.
I ground the end of the bushing down so that it did not bottom out in the
jig, installed a 1/4" bit and finished the job in a quarter of the time it
would have taken me with the drill bit..