Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default What's that chuck called?

In article
writes:
On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 06:57:11 +0000 (UTC),
lid (Drew
Lawson) wrote:

To borrow a phrasing from another group, I can be more vague if it
helps.

I believe what you are looking for is called a Straka Chuck.

Thanks you both. That and donut chuck turn up a lot.

For some reason, I thought it was named for a person whose name I
would recognize. But the discussion I recall reading was when I
first got the lathe, and I was mis-absorbing all sorts of information.

--
Drew Lawson For it's not the fall, but landing,
That will alter your social standing