Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default OT - Thunderbird House renters?

nestork posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

In the middle of what would be considered "Indian Territory" in Winnipeg
is a building called "Thunderbird House".

http://tinyurl.com/om5pugg

Thunderbird House is basically a cultural center for the native people
living in Winnipeg. It really epitimizes the best of the Native people
living and working in Winnipeg. It's a place where native people try to
keep their culture alive.

http://thunderbirdhouse.com/

I was showing an empty apartment today to a young couple, both of which
were obviously native. The guy had a jean jacket on, and on the back of
it it was embroidered in black, white, yellow and red yarn:

"You do not have a soul.
Your are a soul.
You have a body."

Black, white, red and yellow are the traditional colours of native
peoples. It's the colours they could make with the materials that were
available in nature, and you'll find that most native art is done
predominantly in these four colours.

I asked him where he got that, and he said that it's on a plaque in
Thunderbird House, and I realized that those three simple lines fully
explain the difference between traditional native "religion" and
Judeo-Christian religion. The former teaches that everything has a
spirit/soul, but those souls may inhabit bodies of different types.
Birds and animals have spirits, and so it is necessary to pay your
respects to the spirit of an animal you kill to eat because it's spirit
is no less important than your own. Judeo-Christian religion teaches
that we are basically bodies, and deep inside us is a soul which rises
to heaven or descends to he11 upon our passing. Two concepts that are
diametrically opposed, but both still provide a sound framework for
spirituality.

That Indian impressed me and I thought I'd share it with the others in
here.

--
nestork

So did you pre-qualify them and are they the successful renters?

--
Tekkie