Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Bicycle, crash hat and accident

On 01/09/2014 21:08, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 15:36:06 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 01/09/2014 13:56, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 06:30:31 +0100, F Murtz wrote:

Uncle Peter wrote:
On Fri, 08 Aug 2014 18:32:49 +0100, Dennis@home

wrote:

On 08/08/2014 15:07, Tim+ wrote:

They should expect pedestrians moving at whatever speed a pedestrian
can, including running for the bus or whatever else they want to run
for!

These days they can reasonably expect to have cycles and scooters
too.

When reversing out of my drive, I cannot see a pedestrian on the
footpath, as the footpath is obscured by my hedge (which I imagine is
the case with a lot of driveways), hence it's up to the pedestrian to
hear the car. When people all have quiet electric cars, this could
be a
problem.

No it is up to you,you should remove the hedge or devise some method of
ascertaining that the way is clear.

50% of houses do not have a clear view.

Then they should have or at least discrete mirrors each side of the
driveway.

What, 50% of people in the UK install a mirror, how impractical and
utterly over the top.

Totally practical and a helpful aid. Either that or lower the obstacle.