Posted to rec.woodworking
James[_38_] James[_38_] is offline

Default Li-ion Batteries

Mike Marlow wrote:

Bill wrote:
James wrote:
HI Group, I have three Ridgid li-ion batteries that I'm
considering rebuilding. Has anyone done this? I've rebuilt Ni-cad
battery packs without any difficulty but haven't dealt with
Li-ion before. JIm

My initial reaction is that doing that sounds potentially dangerous,
but you must understand what you are doing!

Not potentially dangerous at all Bill as long as you have the right
charger. If the batteries are registered for the lifetime warranty
though, it could be a waste of time since they'll be replaced for
free under the warranty.

I am registered for lifetime and had some replaced under that but they
didn't say you had to tell them the serial numbers of the new batteries
to keep it in effect.I contacted them and they weren't very helpful in
getting it changed. Jim

---